About AASE: Who We Are and What We Do
AASE stands for the Alberta Association for Supported Employment. We are an association of service agencies who share a vision and a commitment to Supported Employment, which runs strong within our profession.
What Does AASE Do?
The primary goal of AASE is to create a formal network of service agencies which promotes the sharing of information and opportunities in the field of supported employment. We are an inclusive organization that supports the development and evolution of supported employment initiatives.
AASE fosters growth, innovation and awareness in the area of employment for people with disabilities.
- To encourage the development of and participation in Supported Employment
- To promote and market Supported Employment to create awareness in the general public
- To ensure funding for the ongoing operation of the Association and approved events
- To foster our members' pursuit of excellence
- To address issues pertaining to the delivery of quality services to persons with disabilities
- To provide leadership and set standards for the delivery and development of quality services
- To develop a network for exchanging information
AASE Best Practices Document
AASE has collected, in one place, those practices which best reflect the values and beliefs of our association, our members and the population we serve. This document is a 'living document' and will be reviewed and updated as necessary. We ask for your ongoing feedback and suggestions in order to assist our association to keep this document valuable and current.
History of AASE
In May, 2001, a group of Supported Employment Service Providers from Alberta held organization meetings for the purpose of hosting the Eighth Annual, National Supported Employment Conference (held in Calgary from November 13 - 15, 2002).
During the planning process for this conference, it became apparent that this group of agencies shared a vision and a commitment to Supported Employment that runs strong within their profession. It also became apparent that, when unified, this group could accomplish so much more than any individual agency.
This realization led this initial group to form the framework for an Alberta Association for Supported Employment - AASE.
View AASE Bylaws .